Dr. Kevin Hyde, Psy.D.
Helping you overcome life's obstacles
I am a psychologist who specializes in the treatment of anxiety. But I'm also a father who personally understands the challenges that come with raising kids. I feel exhausted after chasing my 3-year-old around all day. I worry about being a good enough parent at bedtime too (why is it always then?!). I can assure you that you are not alone.
What I don't experience personally is the extra pressure that society puts on moms.
I want you to be able to feel the joys of parenting, rather than just the struggles.
You can't be the parent you want to be if you're constantly feeling overwhelmed. You deserve to feel like your needs are important... because they are!
Being a parent in today’s society is harder than ever before. Even if our parents did have to walk uphill to school both ways (in the snow, for us former northerners).
Social media makes it too easy to fall into the comparison trap. Comparing your daily life to everybody else's highlight reel is bound to lead to some pretty negative thoughts.
But there is hope!
You can stop falling into the comparison trap! We can make your everyday life fit with your hopes and dreams.
Whether you’re feeling overwhelmed by stress, constantly worrying about your family’s safety, having panic attacks, or just struggling to remember your own identity, we can work to help you take back control and enjoy life again.
I love seeing the difference in people when they finally decide to reach out and overcome their obstacles.
The most rewarding thing is that first GENUINE smile after many tears and lots of fake, “I’m okays.”
I want to help you bring your inner strength to the surface for a more fulfilling life.
You may feel stuck, but with a little guidance you can see a brighter future begin to come to fruition.
If you’re ready, I look forward to walking alongside you on that journey.
Let’s get started in bringing joy back into your life.
Ready to get started?
Schedule your consultation call to see if we're a good fit.
About Dr. Kevin Hyde, Licensed Psychologist
I was born and raised in Buffalo, NY, where I learned the value of a strong work ethic. From there, mine was a unique path getting to where I am today. My life has weaved its way through politics, working as a national security officer, 12 years living near Washington, DC, and 2 years in York, Pennsylvania.
My wife and I have two little girls under the age of 3, so we are constantly in the midst of craziness and activity. It's stressful, and we may not love every minute, but I don't think either of us would trade it for the world.
All of that has led me to finding the most rewarding work of my life, as a psychologist. I hope to use the experiences and knowledge gained through my own crazy life's journey to help you figure out the best path to reach your goals.
American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Northern Virginia
Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, 2016
M.A., Clinical Psychology, 2013
B.A., Political Science, 2003
Activities & Affiliations
• American Psychological Association
• Florida Psychological Association
• Association for Contextual and Behavioral Science
• Florida license number PY9881
WellSpan Behavioral Health Meadowlands Outpatient Clinic, York, PA
- Worked with adults and children with disorders including: anxiety, depression, adjustment to divorce, anger, autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, behavioral issues, etc.
WellSpan Health Crossroads Family Medical Center, Ephrata, PA
- Situated inside a primary care provider office to provide same-day assessment and treatment of mental health issues, as well as medical issues including: diabetes, weight loss, chronic pain, adjustment to a new diagnosis, family/life stress, etc.
Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Provided therapy for children with autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, anxiety, depression, single parent homes, school problems, acting out, etc.
- Assessed children for autism spectrum disorder, learning disorders, ADHD, etc.
Integrated Clinical Concepts, Sterling, VA
- Worked with adults and children with disorders including: anxiety, depression, infertility, anger, personality disorders, ADHD, behavioral issues, etc.